It is a secret temple built in a mountain at 1300 meters high. It is also known as the Monastery of the Virgin Mary. The first structure, according to the legend, was founded by two monks from Athens in 385 AD. The church in the monastery is carved into the cave and is about 400 square meters in size. The monastery looks like a castle and is connected to the valley by a steep, narrow staircase with 100 steps.
The houses along the Yeşilırmak in Amasya were built at the end of the 19th century and in the beginning of the 20th century. The most important feature of the houses is that they are the first prefabricated houses of Anatolia. Some of them were even built in one single day. Amasya houses are beautiful examples of Anatolian civilian Turkish architecture.
The construction of the building was completed in 1944-1953, in 4 phases in 9 years in total in Ankara. This building was built to express the gratitude of the Turkish nation to the Chief Commander of the Turkish Independence War and the founder of the Republic of Türkiye, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. With the 262-meter Lion Road, the Mausoleum and the Victory Square, it is the most important and meaningful structure of the Republic of Türkiye.
The Selimiye Mosque, the most magnificent Ottoman structure in Edirne, was built in the name of Sultan Selim the 2nd. It is also known as Architect Sinan’s mastery period work. The mosque, built between 1568 and 1575, has four minarets 71 meters in height with 3 balconies each with separate stairs.
Built in Antalya in the 2nd century AD, the theater is the most important structure of Aspendos Ancient City at 6 km east of Serik. It was built during the reign of the Emperor Antoninus Pius. Aspendos, with its 15.000 capacity, is one of the four theaters in Anatolia that has survived from the First Age.
It was built in Sivas in 1229, by the architect Ahlatlı Hürremşah, under the order of Mengüçoğlu Sultan Ahmed Shah. It is one of the most important works in Anatolia especially with its oval geometric and floral motifs on the crown gate.
It was built in the ancient Pergamon city in Bergama district of İzmir between 197 and 159 BC. The reliefs on the Ionic ordered columns are magnificent examples of the Hellenistic sculpture art and the Bergama sculpture school. The museum that exhibits the altar in Berlin is called Pergamon Museum.
It is in Selçuk Izmir. It was built during the Roman period between 115 and 117 AD. The manuscripts in the form of rolls are hidden on the alcoves in the galleries on the upper floors. After its reading hall was destroyed by fire due to earthquakes that shook the region in the 3rd century, the front part of the library has been transformed into a glamorous back door of a fountain when a pool was built on the old steps.
Hattusa is separated into 3 parts: The Sphinx Gate, the Temple of Yazılıkaya and the Hittite Walls. The Sphinx Gate is built on limestone foundation with andesite blocks. The width is 10 meters. The bull standing on the altar represents the God of Storm of the skies. The Hittite walls were built during the Hittite Empire in the 14th century BC. Hittites continued their existence for a long time thanks to these walls.
The Gok Madrasa, the symbol of Sivas, was built by Architect Kaluytan in 1271 under the order of the Seljuk Grand Vizier Sahip Ata. The crown gate with twin minarets and the ornaments on the gate are the most magnificent parts of the structure. There are 12 types of animal heads, stars and tree of life motifs in the ornaments. It was used as a museum between 1934 and 1967.
It was built in 1382 and located in Karaman. It is one of the works that comes from Karamanoğulları, the most powerful Turkish seigniory after the Ottomans. The architect is Numan bin Hodja Ahmed. It is also known as the Nefise Sultan Madrasa. It is famous for its cut stone, rectangular plan structure and white marble portals.
It was built by Seljuk vizier Karatay in 1251 in Konya. The gate ornated with sky-colored and white marble letters and patterns is one of the masterpieces of Seljuk stone work. The building has been used as the Tile Art Museum since 1955.